Pages

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Crochet attempts

Well the personalised croquis is on hold at the moment. I wanted to do one on the computer like Lauren at LLadybird, but alas the photoshop expert that is my boyfriend has abandoned me this week to go sliding down snowy mountains on a bit of wood (also referred to as snowboarding).  I’m not much good with complex computer software programs, and I know it’s the kind of thing he could do in minutes but that it would leave me tearing my hair out and take at least a day.  Therefore I am waiting until his return so he can do it for me!  On the plus side I have pretty much finished my plan for 2012, so I’ll probably do a croquis post as a follow-up after I’ve posted about all my plans.

In the meantime I have been trying my hand at another craft as I had my mum to stay over the weekend, and persuaded her to teach me how to crochet.  She's a master at embroidery, cross stitch, knitting and crochet and she can sew too!  She got me doing a basic chain stitch and showed me how to double crochet, slip stitch and treble crochet.  She left behind some perfect examples to look at that she whipped up whilst drinking a cup of tea and chatting (it's like her brain is on auto pilot the muscle memory is that good).  Oh and she bashed these out in a few minutes as well.


Bad photos are due to the boyfriend taking the good camera with him on his snowboarding holiday. Bitter, me?...Never!
Needless to say I didn't get that far, however I am very keen to get cracking on some granny squares, then maybe I can make this lovely crochet tie for my currently absent boyfriend

or these charming pieces of headgear for myself:



Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. He he he!!! It's the crochet headscarf that's the best!!! Close in at number 2 has to be the tie though- what a reward that would be for helping you with your photo shop. You can make it this week while he's away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb sweetheart! Crochet is the ultimate craft on the go I love it and always have some with me for a journey. It's so funny you say about that tie because I'm actually rocking that out at the moment for the one and only Jarvis Cocker. I've loved him forever and he's a big fan of a wool tie so I thought I'd rattle one out for him as a thank you for the music :)

    xxx

    PS nice to see you the other your skirt was beaut McCute!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...